Patient organizations sent a letter to the RF Minister of Health asking him to adopt the State Strategy on Viral Hepatitis in Russia.
The Treatment Preparedness Coalition, the Hepatitis Together Interregional Public Organization and the non-profit partnership EVAA sent an open letter to the Minister of Health of the Russian Federation Veronika Igorevna Skvortsova. Patient organizations ask the minister to promote:
- Development of a State strategy to counteract the spread of viral hepatitis in the Russian Federation for the period 2017-2021.
- Development of an Action Plan for the implementation of the State Strategy to counter the spread of viral hepatitis in the Russian Federation for the period 2017-2021.
- Creation of the Federal Register of Patients with Viral Hepatitis in the Russian Federation.
- Budgeting for the implementation of the State strategy to counter the spread of viral hepatitis in the Russian Federation for the period 2017-2021. and the Action Plan of the Strategy, including the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of viral hepatitis.
- Adoption of Standards for the treatment of viral hepatitis, which, in the case of chronic hepatitis C (CHC), rejects therapy with pegylated interferon in favor of modern direct-acting antiviral drugs (DAA).
- Implementing a set of measures to significantly reduce prices for DAAs to provide more patients with therapy.
- Increase public awareness of viral hepatitis, including through activities on World Hepatitis Day (July 28), with the involvement of socially oriented non-profit organizations.